Tuesday, September 07, 2004

On my way to work today, I get to hear my first Christmas song for the year on the radio. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". I hear it and I say to myself, "Geez, it's Christmas." There's a certain sadness that hits me like a thunderbolt whenever I hear Christmas songs. It brings me back to the time when I was a kid. My folks always gave me the best that they could. While every other kid had that convertible die-cast robot that they wanted, I had a plastic imitation. While everyone else was buying stuff, I was just looking on. I'm not saying that I never got anything good whenever Christmas came around. Christmas songs just bring me back to that time, our old house, my cousins, all of us kids. At my age I get to thinking that that's what Christmas is, just for kids. The other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment