Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Rest Assured

I took a day off from work today. I just felt really tired these past few days and I figured I needed some rest. Many people nowadays take resting forgranted. They sometimes feel that they can go on working in the day and partying until late into the night not needing to recharge their batteries. Sooner or later you'll face burnout. Lack of rest will soon take its toll on a person. Your immune system will weaken. You tend to be grumpy. Your mind tends to lack focus. Most of all, you're always feeling really sleepy. I usually find myself falling asleep during the first few minutes of the trip when I commute. I almost overshoot where I'm supposed to get off. I'm liable to wake up and find myself in a different place if I'm not careful. I sometimes stare blankly on my computer screen and feel myself drifting. If my boss sees me like that, that wouldn't look good for my record. That's the reason I take days off like this on my own volition, it's my reset button. It's a time to unwind, to relax, to rest. And today, I'm doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment